Santa Inés Palace: HOTEL 1520
The Hotel Palacio de Santa Inés is located in the historic center. Access by car is complicated, this area was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, so traffic is restricted. If you come by car we advise you to leave it in a parking lot (we detail below the directions to two parking lots with which we have a signed agreement). It is not easy to find a place to park in the hotel area.
DIRECTIONS TO PARKING From the A-44 ring road. To get to the Puerta Real parking lot (the closest to the hotel)
- On the highway (A-44).
- Take exit 131 (Armilla – Palacio de Congresos (Congress Center)). The exit is 132 if you are coming from Motril.
- Follow direction to the Palacio de Congresos, along Avenida Fernando de los Ríos. You will pass the first traffic circle (You will see a LIDL supermarket on the right). Go straight through the roundabout.
- You will come to another roundabout. (you will see a tall glass building on your right). Go straight ahead and stay in the left lane. Take the tunnel.
- At the fork in the tunnel take the road to the right, you will reach the Paseo del Violón and pass under the Palacio de Congresos (Congress Center) (dark green building). Pass the next roundabout and go straight ahead again.
- Stay in the left lane again and after about 500 meters turn left and cross the Puente Blanco (White Bridge). You will have reached the Acera del Darro street. You will see on the right the Corte Inglés.
- At the next traffic light, on the right you will see the subway access to the Puerta Real parking. Underneath the Square with the fountain.
For more ease, you can also follow the signs to the Hotel Carmen, the parking is in front of this hotel. If this parking is full, you can wait for a free space, or if not, you can go to the other parking with which we have an agreement (Triunfo) located on Avenida de la Constitución without number.
To get to the Plaza Puerta Real parking lot, you can find an interactive map in the following link:
Directions to the hotel by car
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT PUT THE ADDRESS OF THE HOTEL IN THE GPS, IN ADDITION TO GET YOU INTO STREETS WITH PROHIBITED ACCESS AND RISK OF BEING FINED, YOU WILL NOT GET TO THE HOTEL BUT TO A STREET IN THE UPPER PART OF THE ALBAYCÍN. THE GPS DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY IN THE ALBAICÍN.
The hotel is located in one of them, so you can not get to the door of the hotel in the car. It is very important that you do not pass through prohibited areas even if it is written Except access to Hotels, because these areas have video cameras that will record your license plate and you will be fined. Each hotel has an enabled way and ours is Hotels Carrera del Darro – Plaza Nueva – Albaycín”, and we can not appeal the fines for access to areas that we do not have enabled.